The first batch of six French Capuchins arrived at Pondicherry with the French traders.
The French closed its sea company and the Capuchins too left Pondicherry.
The second batch of Capuchins arrived at Pondicherry but left soon.
The third batch of Capuchins arrived at Pondicherry with the French Settlers. François Martin founded the city of Pondicherry. He officially invited the French Capuchins from Madras, for the spiritual ministry and the missionary activity in Pondicherry.
January 15, Fr. Cosmos De Gien founded the Capuchin mission in Pondicherry.
Frs. Jacques de Bourges, Lawrence de Angoulême and Espirit de Tours arrived.
The Dutch captured Pondicherry and expelled the missionaries.
The missionaries again returned to Pondicherry. Tamil Christian community was constituted as a parish under the diocese of Mylapore. Fr. Jacques de Bourges OFM. Cap was appointed the first Parish Priest of Pondicherry. Within few months, the Jesuits were appointed exclusively to the Tamils and The Capuchins became in charge of the Europeans and the Eurasians. This bifurcation is considered to be the beginning of the parish of Our Lady of Angels unofficially.
The first church of the Capuchins dedicated to Our Lady the Angels was built.
The Capuchin church of the Angels became a parish in the diocese of Mylapore. Fr. Dominique de Valence was appointed as the first Parish Priest.
The first Church of the Capuchins dedicated to Our Lady of the Angels was built in 1709, but it was structurally weak. So, it was demolished and rebuilt from 1739 to 1758.
English captured Pondicherry and destroyed the second church built in 1739.
The third Church of Our Lady of the Angels was built from 1765 to 1770. The church with its bell tower exists till date adjacent to the Presbytery on Rue Surcouf.
23rd September, Pope Pius VI gives his consent for the erection of Apostolic Prefecture in Pondicherry and Fr. Sebastian de Nevers OFM.Cap, appointed as the Prefect Apostolic over the Europeans and the Eurasians. The church of Our Lady of the Angels became the seat of Apostolic Prefecture.
French Revolution affected the development of the Capuchin Prefecture and Fr. Benedictus de Monterotundo was the last Prefect Apostolic.
The end of Missionary labour of the French Capuchins of the Province de Tours. The Italian Capuchins came to Pondicherry to continue the Mission at Our Lady of the Angels for the Europeans and the Eurasians.
The Capuchin mission for the Europeans and the Eurasians came to an end in Pondicherry and was transferred to the French Priests of the Holy Spirit Congregation.
14th June, Fr. Pierre-Jean-Norbert CALMELS becomes the Parish Priest of Our Lady of the Angels. He was not a Spiritan but chosen by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit Fathers to start their mission in Pondicherry.
5th March, Fr. Pierre-Jean-Norbert CALMELS becomes the Apostolic Prefect of Pondicherry for the Europeans and Eurasians thus establishing the seat of Apostolic Prefecture in Pondicherry after 1792.
14th May, the foundation stone for the construction of the present Church of Our Lady of the Angels was laid and the construction was carried out by Architect Louis Guerre.
The new and the present church of Our Lady of the Angels was blessed and opened in the month of May. It became the Church of Apostolic Prefecture also known with the other names like Caps Koil and White Parish.
1st September, Pope Leo XIII's by his Bull Humanae Salutis Auctor erected the Indian Hierarchy abolishing the Apostolic Prefecture. Pondicherry became the Archdiocese with Msgr. Laouenen becoming the Archbishop. Our Lady of the Angels became a Parish in the Archdiocese of Pondicherry.
27th April, Msgr. Corbet the last Prefect Apostolic of Pondicherry handed over the Parish to the Priests of Société des Missions étrangères de Paris (M.E.P) thus bringing to end the 59 years (1828-1887) of missionary work of the Holy Spirit Fathers to the Europeans and the Eurasians in Pondicherry.
28th April, the mandate of Archbishop Laouenen reinstated that Our Lady of the Angels will continue to remain as the Parish for the Europeans and the Eurasians.
Fr. Dusseigne, M.E.P was the last MEP priest who served as the Parish Priest for 23 years from 1984 to 20th September 2007.
11th November, 2007, Fr. Michael John Antonysamy was the First Indian to become the Parish Priest in the line of succession from the French Capuchins, Italian Capuchins and the French Spiritans and M.E.P priests, who were shepherding the Parish from 1674.
A major renovation of the Parish Church was carried out with the help of the Association Les Amis du Patrimoine Pondichérien, the French ministry for Culture and the foundation Vieilles Maisons Françaises.
4th March, Archbishop Antony Anandarayar blessed the renovated Church of Our Lady of the Angels.
13th September, Archbishop Antony Anandarayar appointed Fr. Cyril SANDOU as the Parish priest of Our Lady of Angels.